The Start for Future (SFF) alliance, which includes our Digital Innovation Hub, has emerged as one of Europe’s most dynamic and fastest-growing innovation alliances comprising academia, startups, industry, and public organizations. Now the alliance is taking its next development step and officially establishing its new organizational form as a European Cooperative Society / Societas Cooperativa Europaea (SCE). With a vision to revolutionize systemic innovation, the SFF Cooperative is poised to drive transformative advancements that will shape the future of innovation in Europe.
The inaugural meeting, attended by our colleague Miralem and held during the SFF Varna Summit on June 24, 2023, marked the establishment of the SFF Cooperative as a unified entity, set to play a pivotal role in shaping Europe’s political, social, and economic landscape.
Seventeen prominent partners from the existing alliance, consisting of 36 universities, incubators, research, and business organizations, have stepped forward as founding members and Municipality of Varna as an associated partner.
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Cluj Cluster of Education C-EDU, Romania
- Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- EIT KIC Urban Mobility, Spain
- EURA AG, Germany
- Industrial HUB Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- International Burch University, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Croatia
- Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- Startups Academy, Greece
- Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship, Germany
- The Edge; Research and Business Development, Bulgaria
- University of Aveiro, Portugal
- University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow, Poland
- VIA University College, Denmark
- Municipality of Varna, Bulgaria (Associated Partner)
The cooperative aims to forge a collaborative synergy between universities and innovation actors, working hand in hand to drive the advancement and commercialization of revolutionary concepts and cutting-edge technologies.
The Start for Future alliance, initiated in 2019 with the support of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), and further endorsed by the EIT HEI initiative, as well as EIT KICs Urban Mobility and Manufacturing, has brought together a passionate team of 36 visionary universities and their stakeholders from corresponding regional ecosystems. The establishment of the SFF Cooperative marks a significant milestone in fostering long-term collaboration and cooperation among European institutions and innovation actors. The Cooperative’s focus on systemic innovation reflects a broader commitment to addressing societal challenges and enhancing the well-being of European citizens. By encouraging collaboration and knowledge exchange between universities and innovation actors, the Cooperative aims to foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in an open and democratic manner.
For mote info visit: www.startforfuture.eu